Health Equity Initiatives (HEI) is a Malaysian based organization that advances the right to health for marginalized communities. To this end, HEI implements an integrated mental health program that adopts a community based, participatory approach for refugees and asylum seekers. Additionally, HEI engages in research driven advocacy and runs electives and health and human rights internships for medical students.
HEI is looking for a dynamic, visionary leader to provide strategic direction and effective management for HEI.
The Executive Director manages the operations of Health Equity Initiatives, ensuring it realizes its strategic goals. Together with the Board and Steering Committee, s/he provides strategic direction, leads the planning of the operations of the organization, promotes an environment of team work and excellence, and builds shared commitment among the team to achieve the organizational goals and objectives. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors.
HEI is currently looking to recruit an Executive Director with the following roles and responsibilities:
- Work with the Board of Directors and the Steering Committee to develop the strategic plans, policies and guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with the Board on a timely basis, providing information necessary for the Board to function properly and make informed decisions.
- Identify grant, sponsorship and fundraising opportunities and develop associated proposals and applications.
- Lead the development of the organization’s annual work plans, establish objectives, performance indicators, and expected results, where necessary, review and lead the implementation of change management plans.
- Provide effective supervision of the team and ensure the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of operational plans corresponding to HEI’s goals, objectives and values.
- Ensure that HEI’s management of finances, human resources, and other assets are in compliance with its statutory obligations and external regulatory obligations.
- Manage the recruitment and appraisal processes of team members with the support of the Board of Directors and the Steering Committee.
- Establish good working relationships with external stakeholders, building the reputation, influence, and capacity of the organization.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
Qualifications and Criteria
- Minimum requirement of a Masters Degree in Public Health, Psychology or Social Science fields.
- Right to health
- Non-discrimination and equality
- At least five years of senior management experience in an organization, preferably a non-profit organization.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and a leadership style that is collaborative, facilitative and team-oriented.
- Experience or knowledge of issues facing the not-for-profit sector.
- A demonstrated commitment to the values of HEI.
- Experience working with refugees in the area of mental health is desirable.
- Robust understanding of organizational change and capacity building processes.
- Strong leadership skills
- Able to strive in a multi-tasking and multi-ethnic environment
- A passion to serve communities in need
- Written and oral proficiency in English
Remuneration will be commensurate with relevant experience and qualification.
Please send the application to email@example.com with the subject line “Executive Director”.